We are dedicated to continuously improving and developing our product line and services for you, and in recent months have worked especially hard to define an improved set of core values and an enhanced company ethos.
More than supplying you with fresh, high quality farm produce, we also want to “do our bit” to help create a more sustainable and ethical supply chain in the food we source. As part of our commitment we are proud to say;
- Our improved online-shop comprises mostly Cornish produce and features many award winning and commended products, so you can be sure that your chosen goodies will be high in quality and big on taste!
- All of the meat and eggs we source are from free-range animals and come from small scale producers whose farms we have visited, so we also know that their animals are reared to higher welfare standards.
- Our wild caught fish and seafood comes from MSC-certified fisheries, from healthy and sustainable stocks, using lower impact catch methods.
- By working more closely with farmers and producers and asking about their own methods of food production, we offer improved provenance and traceability within our carefully selected product line
- We've increased our selection of organic foods across the shop, which now includes a diverse product line, to include salmon fish cakes, artisan breads, free-range eggs, yogurts, chocolates, and even clotted cream fudge, to name but a few!
- We've also increased our selection of vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and dairy free foods to ensure we offer a comprehensive range that caters for different dietary re requirements.
- We're proud supporters of The National Trust Coast 2015
campaign; with every purchase made by the Trusts holidaying guests in Cornwall and West Devon, we pledge to make a donation to its scheme to help maintain the 775 miles of coastline and footpaths in its care.
- We're actively reducing our carbon footprint too. We recycle all recyclable waste, reduce food miles by using as much local produce as possible, and source foods that have been sensitively farmed in a free-range or organic way. We also deliver your groceries in re-usable crates, and not cardboard boxes, so we can re-use them time and again.
Our dedication to improving and developing our services means we are more than a convenient online food shop. We are evolving to be a more sustainable and ethical way to shop. Shopping through us and purchasing from our range of Cornish produce directly benefits the local community and its producers, supports higher animal welfare standards in farming and the use of lower impact fishing methods, as well as helping to reduce food miles and carbon footprint.